Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Why Should Anyone Hear Me?

A being of light takes a vessel
  To enter this world of forms
And starts out on a life journey
  To face the inevitable storms

Nestled away in these cocoons
  To our true glory fast asleep
We wander in this land of darkness
  Like wayward, lost, helpless sheep

In that darkness where children are crying
  And their parents look so forlorn
In that darkness where innocents are dying
 In the areas that are war torn

Where some are so persecuted
  For things they do, think or say
Where the poor huddled masses are cheated
 By those more privileged than they

A place filled with terrible visions
  Of the fear, unfairness, and pain
We all try to understand it
  But no one can seem to explain

I too was asleep in my vessel
  To the glory before my birth
Thinking I was just flesh and bone
  Not knowing my true worth

I was raised in a western tradition
  And have self-studied eastern thought
Mathematics and the sciences are
  Subjects that I was formally taught

But all these studies in comparison
  Pales to when I found my light
A power we have within us all
  That can set these dark things aright

Those who hear, rise up with me
  Reclaim what you used to be
Discover the Truth that lies within
  The Truth that can set you free.
 
I was just lying here sleeping,
  What difference can my voice make?
Why should anyone hear me?
  Because now I stand here awake.




No comments:

Post a Comment